Thursday, September 11, 2008

Commercial Failure


Today's aggravating commercial comes to you from Dish Network.
You know the one where Frank Caliendo does a George Bush impression by pretending he doesn't know what apple pie is, pronounces "pause" as "paws-ay", and bumbles around like an idiot.
Too funny, Dish Network. Very timely humor. George Bush is an idiot! Hilarious!
For starters, raise your hand if you think impressions are funny. No? Well, how about Frank Caliendo? Not only is Frank Caliendo among the least talented bums on Earth, he is inexplicably employed by many people. Why is this?
Yes, George Bush tends to fumble speeches sometimes. But he did graduate from Yale, and is the president, so I can safely assume he is 2.7 million times smarter than you, Frank. Not to mention, these jokes have been in play for 8 years now. It's time to move on.
So why do you have a job? Why did you hire him, Dish Network? If you wanted me to never consider your product, well done. Because of these low brow TV spots, I will NEVER consider getting Dish Network. I would rather stare at a blank wall for 6 straight hours.
And I hope America will soon stop encouraging things like this. I am proud of my country, but it is filled with idiots who laugh every time this commercial airs. This saddens me. Anyone who likes these commercials should be thrown in prison, no questions asked. Let's make this happen, America. Thank you.

3 comments:

George said...

Well said. You know what I like? Catchy messages written on boarded windows when a hurricane is coming. Always hilarious. Keep showing them media

kevin said...

True that, Lob. Stand up America and help stamp out sports "blowhards". Agree with choice of Caliendo. Hey honey it's John Madden, wait, no it's not, it's someone acting like John Madden. Oh Stop, that's funny.

Here's 10 other sports voices that need to be silenced

10. Stephen A Smith
9. Kenny Mayne
8. Hank Goldberg
7. Skip Bayless
6. Dan Patrick
5. Mike and Mike (sub Casillias)
4. Michelle Tafoya
3. "Best Damn Sports Show"
2. Chris Berman
1. Chris Berman

Lob, America needs your truth

Lob said...

George-I love that. maybe you should start a blog. There is nothing funnier than "Take a hike, Ike". Very clever.
Good list, Kevin-I wish I could personally silence them all, but I'm only one man.