Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Warriors of Achievement-Harrison Beck


While I was hiding under the bleachers like a coward from the rain on Saturday night, there was a historic display going on down on the field below. What Harrison Beck accomplished that night was nothing short of heroic. We will never see anything like it again in our lifetime, and although I didn't see most of it from underneath the wet metal above me, I am proud to say I was there.
Beck's numbers only tell part of the story: 9-32 with 3 interceptions. The rest of the story is this: he is totally inept.
The 28% completion percentage is shocking enough, but the 3 interceptions on top of that are like icing on the cake of despair. Giving him the benefit of the doubt in assuming he thinks anyone on the field is a viable target, adding his interceptions to his completion total still yields a meager 38% completion percentage. Oh, he also rushed for -24 yards. He failed in every phase of the game.
I assumed his 3-8 for 47 yard, 1 interception performance against East Carolina was merely a mirage, but the numbers don't lie. I never thought I would say this, but Russell Wilson, please get well soon. We need you. We need your 39% completion percentage and your winning smile.
We need your ability to throw less than or equal to 2 interceptions per game. Only you can take State to the promised land of a 3-9 season.
So, thank you Harrison Beck. Thank you for taking me to places I've never been, and for showing me things I never thought possible. You are like my spiritual guide to the Land of Horrenditude.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe he might do better if he stopped wearing the same shoulder pads he had since he was 12.

kevin said...

Who cares about this year? We give our coaches 7-10 years to get to complete mediocrity. Next year is the special 30th anniversary of our last ACC Championship. How bout the paper questioning State fans support in the 4th Qtr in a deluge watching a drubbing. News flash: Rain + a** whipping = fans leaving. Nothing new anywhere. Let it go.