Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Looking for Laughs in all the Wrong Places


I love college football. I hate the broadcasting team of Brad Nessler, Bob Griese, and Paul Maguire. During the USC-UVA football broadcast, these clowns laughed so many times I wanted to punch my TV. Someone needs to explain to me why it's uproariously hilarious that USC had 5 defensive players drafted. When Bob Griese said this, Nessler and Maguire laughed uncontrollably, presumably because USC still has good players. WHY IS THIS FUNNY?
Whenever USC made a good tackle or had a long gain on offense, this was also grounds for Nessler to laugh. What am I missing? Why should I laugh when someone talks about how good a team is? Why?
Unfortunately, these are not the only idiots who practice this mantra. Talk radio is littered with hosts who laugh when talking about how good the Patriots were last season, or how dominant the SEC is. Why? Is it hilarious when Russia and it's clearly superior military invades weak Georgia?
When talking about this with your friends did the conversation go like this, "Did you watch CNN last night? Russia has much better weaponry!! (Loud laughter)".
No, of course you didn't, unless you have a stick of butter where your brain should be.
So please, ABC, have a talk with this broadcasting team and explain normal society to them, or have them killed. It is ruining my enjoyment of college football.

No comments: